PDA

View Full Version : sloped walled room boundaries

kkintz
2009-10-09, 07:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew if Revit had a problem identifying rooms that have sloped walls past a certain angle. We have a stair that goes from a lower level to a second floor and we are trying to make it one room. But when you put the vertical distance in the properties of that "room" then the room boundaries actually don't slope with the walls around the stair, but go straight up. Is there anyway to work with this?

patricks
2009-10-09, 08:20 PM
Try going to Area and Volume Computations (arrow below the Room/Area portion of the Home tab) and change from Areas Only to Areas and Volumes. That should help Revit pick up sloping areas.

kkintz
2009-10-14, 01:34 PM
Try going to Area and Volume Computations (arrow below the Room/Area portion of the Home tab) and change from Areas Only to Areas and Volumes. That should help Revit pick up sloping areas.

When I looked there, I already had area and volumes picked. I put a section cut through the stair in question and highlighted where the three room tags are that I want to be one. The problem I'm having is that I can't have say the bottom room tag shape itself to fit into the shape of the stairs. It will just go straight up.

patricks
2009-10-14, 05:25 PM
Oh wow... are those in-place wall objects, set to the Walls category? Or walls by face? Are they set to room bounding?

BDR_Architect
2009-10-14, 08:42 PM
I believe if you make those walls Room Bounding, it should fix your problem.

kkintz
2009-10-20, 02:53 PM
I believe that they are just placed in walls. And yes they are room bounding.

jeh.212740
2009-10-20, 03:17 PM
Definatly strange i can get it to slope with the walls as long as they slope in on eachother as soon as they are parallel or slope in the same direction it goes haywire. Best of luck