PDA

View Full Version : Split Face

kkintz
2009-10-09, 08:03 PM
I have been using the split face command to apply carpet and hardwood flooring onto a concrete foundation. However somehow the split face elements have been deleted and now I can not, after creating a new split face, apply a material. Does anyone know how I can do this?

cliff collins
2009-10-09, 09:06 PM
Try "painting " on a new material by selecting "By Category"--this will "reset" the painted material
back to it's default.

cheers........

cdatechguy
2009-10-09, 09:29 PM
My guess is you aligned a split face line to a wall and then moved a wall later, thus breaking the split.

Suggestion.....use a thin floor instead.....that way if a wall moves you don't lose all your work. ;)

luigi
2009-10-09, 09:33 PM
Just a guess from past experience, this last time you place the split face, it got applied to the back side (opposite side) of the element...try going to wireframe mode, and re-apply the split face...it should allow you to pick the correct side of the element's face...don't ask why...but it worked for me in the past...

I have been using the split face command to apply carpet and hardwood flooring onto a concrete foundation. However somehow the split face elements have been deleted and now I can not, after creating a new split face, apply a material. Does anyone know how I can do this?

patricks
2009-10-10, 12:49 PM
I also suggest the thin floor method. It makes the model more "correct" by having the floor finish actually on top of the slab, just as in real life.

If you're in a hurry and don't care about having the wrong element type, then make your floor finishes be thin ceilings, with the height set to 0. Then you can have it automatically sketch the outline around the room.

We really need a "floor finish" tool with automatic boundary sketching like ceilings have.

Munkholm
2009-10-10, 03:10 PM
We really need a "floor finish" tool with automatic boundary sketching like ceilings have.

AMEN! That would be awesome :beer:

Maybe one should haed for the whish list.... and then again... for what use ? The Factory dont give a darn anyway :banghead: