PDA

View Full Version : printing notes

Les Therrien
2004-11-15, 07:26 PM
I am working in 6.1 and have a sheet that I attach to all sets of drawings.
I am currently printing it in ADT 3.3
I have imported it into Revit so that I can have it as a numbered sheet with my construction documents. No problems here.
The problem is when I print it there is a data error at the plotter level, and some of the notes are missing when it prins. I seem to recall reading about a similar problem.
My question is, is it a Printer problem or a Revit error?
I am using an HP 450c plotter. I've never had any problems with it. I already have the plotter using my harddrive for excess memory so that should rule out any memory issues.
The sheet in question is 36" x 24" and is pretty much full of notes.
Has anyone else had similar problems, if so, what did you do?

Les Therrien
2004-11-16, 11:37 PM
oh come on!
anything!
somebody throw me a rope!
you don't even have to hold onto the other end :-)

Kroke
2004-11-17, 04:38 AM
When you say you have your plotter using your hard drive, do you mean you;ve seleced "Use Computer Memory" in advanced options? I had a heck of a time until I checked that. Try it.

kshawks
2004-11-17, 09:41 PM
Use the computer memory option. I had a similar problem printing at the beginning until I used this option. I should warn you this will slow your printing speed.

Les Therrien
2004-11-17, 11:28 PM
correct.
I am using computer memory.
so any ideas?

Mr Spot
2004-11-18, 12:47 AM
Haven't used that particular printer before, but perhaps to state the obvious as a work around you could print to pdf first?

Les Therrien
2004-11-18, 11:53 PM
I've tried the .pdf route, and the same problem exist.

Mr Spot
2004-11-18, 11:59 PM
bugger...well if that's the case then it sounds like a revit problem rather than a printing one.

LRaiz
2004-11-19, 12:09 AM
You may attempt to try printing directly to printer as opposed to spooling your prints, Look at printer properties in Control Panel | Printers and Faxes. Sometimes spooler may be overwhelmed by the amount of data in images.

Les Therrien
2004-11-19, 03:38 AM
Leonid,

Thanks, that is exactly how I've had my settings.

The funny thing is, when I checked to see if my settings were the same as you proposed, I noticed that my memory settings went back to the printer instead of the computer. I have set this many times and do not understand why it wnet back.
Regardless, I again tried printing through Revit and .pdf and they both worked!!!
I hope it stays this way since, the Revit text is much nicer than that of ADT.
Thanks for all the help everyone.
Now I'm a happy camper!

adegnan
2004-11-19, 12:37 PM
Les,

My HP350 has the option of saving different settings as a "Configuration Name" under the options tab. Every time I use it for the first time in any Revit session (or any other software for that matter) the individual settings of paper size, memory, etc have gone back to default. However, when I look at the options tab, my "Configuration Name" appears to be set properly. In reality, I need to re-load that configuration name and then the settings are proper.

Les Therrien
2004-11-19, 02:22 PM
Abe,

I am guessing that your plotter is newer than mine.
I unfortunately do not have such an option.
My plotter is about 5 years old. I think it's time to upgrade!

thanks anyways.

Les

adegnan
2004-11-22, 06:56 PM
Actually mine is older than that. HP 350C. You may want to check into new drivers from HP. I had pretty bad luck before I updated my drivers a long time ago.

My printer is from 1998- 6 years old-- and it was refurbished and an outdated model at that time!

Les Therrien
2004-11-22, 08:24 PM
Thanks.

Drivers are updated regularly.