PDA

View Full Version : Flatten model within Revit

dfi
2009-10-12, 07:28 PM
Is there a way to essentially 'flatten' a model into a 2D diagram within Revit, so I can use plans and sections as diagrams on a title block? I have previously exported plans and sections to AutoCad removed all the excess information that was not needed (mostly double lines) and then re-imported the files it back into Revit, exploded them and then converted all the cad lines into Revit lines. This is a little sloppy and it seems like there should be a way to do this within Revit

twiceroadsfool
2009-10-12, 08:42 PM
Uh... Why wouldnt you just put the plans and sections on sheets in Revit as they are?

dfi
2009-10-13, 06:24 AM
Maybe I need to be a bit more clear.

I only need a simple diagram where only the main geometry is shown, so I can shade the area of plan diagram that is shown in the plan on the sheet.

In the title block, I have a nested family which is only a line drawing of the plan or section from which I can control the area shown on the sheet. From there I can use filled regions with the visibility set to instance, so I can control what is being shown on a sheet by sheet basis. Ideally it would be great if I can have the shaded area adjust automatically based on the plan that is pulled onto the sheet.

priitl22047477
2009-10-13, 06:45 AM
cant you do duplicate of view , use the visibility/ graphics to hide/show what you need, use coarse detail level to show it in schematics, add filled region , and you're done.

The problem of this method, is that revit can have one view on one sheet only.

So I would use revit extension "freeze drawing"- it creates a plain drafting view from any view.
Then i would copy the contents of this drafting view to a new legend.

That should be it.

Did I miss something?

dfi
2009-10-13, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize that was part of the Extensions.

priitl22047477
2009-10-13, 10:43 AM
I forgot to mention that I am using Revit Structure. I don know if similar extensions are available for Revit Architecture.

dfi
2009-10-13, 11:05 AM
It flattens the drawing like I need it too, but the linework generated cannot be copied into a family.

twiceroadsfool
2009-10-13, 12:04 PM
It flattens the drawing like I need it too, but the linework generated cannot be copied into a family.

Oh, youre trying to make a key plan?

The easiest and simplest way is to just use a Generic Annotation family with lines and Regions. Trying to scale a plan down, turn off enough stuff to make it decent just creates a huge performance hit that isnt worth it, IMHO.

aggockel50321
2009-10-14, 12:21 PM
You can "flatten" a 3D view by placing it on a sheet and then exporting the sheet.

Export a 3D view, and then place it on a sheet & export it.

You'll see the difference...

matteoarico357143
2017-11-07, 10:23 AM
You can "flatten" a 3D view by placing it on a sheet and then exporting the sheet.

Export a 3D view, and then place it on a sheet & export it.

You'll see the difference...

Thank you very much! I think this is the fastest method to flatten a drawing!:beer: