PDA

View Full Version : Can't Undo

the_gibson
2009-10-12, 11:28 PM
I have a strange one here.

I've been working on a file for several weeks now and am in the process of doing some file maintenance and reviewing the warnings.
My problem is on parts of the model i cant undo an action.
for example: if i draw a new wall i can move it, delete it etc and then undo my action but if i delete a wall that is already there either on the existing phase or new construction phase and decide i want it back my undo tool is greyed out?

i have tried creating a new local file (several times) and i've also resaved the central file still no good. i've also done the trusty switch the machine on and off and i still get the same problem.

has anyone else experienced this?

twiceroadsfool
2009-10-13, 12:40 AM
Yes. There are some functions that reset the Undo queue. Deleting a view does it too. Im not sure if the same actions consistantly do it, or if certain things sometimes do it.

Awkward as it is, its a known behavior. I say behavior because im not sure if its intended or not. Been that way as long as i can remember.

tropitech
2009-10-13, 01:44 AM
i just went through doing what you describe and no problems, the undo button wasnt greyed out and i could make the wall re-appear. i don't know much about phasing or central files (yet, i'm a student) but maybe it's got something to do with that? have you tried ctrl-z?