PDA

View Full Version : Grid Lines - RAC 2010

azmz3
2009-10-13, 11:19 PM
We have a project, where we need a grid line that needs to have "points" along the grid line. Since RAC 2010 can make arc grid lines, there should be a way to allow a grid line to follow a multiple line segment, right? See the attachment, to understand what I am trying to get to, any help would be appreciated.

Paul Monsef
2009-10-13, 11:31 PM
...there should be a way to allow a grid line to follow a multiple line segment, right?
maybe there should be, but there isn't. sorry.

Steve_Stafford
2009-10-14, 01:09 AM
That is three grids in Revit's way of thinking. Each segment has a unique name. There have been a number of threads here discussing how to fake a name so that a series of grids appear to be the same. It could be as simple as Naming the first segment and using a different grid type for the other two and using some other name for them. Since the bubble doesn't show up you don't see the other names. However, Revit will still consider a column hosted at the intersection of any other grids that cross them as having different grid names as its origin.

If you just want to indicate intersections along an arc grid segment then just add intersecting grids?

Scott D Davis
2009-10-14, 01:35 AM
I'm working with a customer that needs the same thing...except its one really long continuous grid with multiple straight line segments and even an arc segment in there. They are a GC, and the original drawings show one grid number from end of the building to the other, and there is no way to do this in Revit currently to reproduce the model for construction.

Scott Womack
2009-10-14, 10:52 AM
You can "fake" it by creating the three grids, and using a non-printing character after the grid letter, the middle segment would have both bubbles turned off. But the end bubbles will appear to have the same label. The only place I can see this tripping up might be in a structural column schedule. {AU 2008 "Horrible Hacks" Class}

gbrowne
2009-10-14, 02:42 PM
Question: How would you set that out on site? Is it not safer to do this as a grid with straightforward & measurable intersections, or am I missing something...?