PDA

View Full Version : Corupt File?

ntopliffe
2009-10-14, 05:22 PM
I am having trouble deleting a file saved to my desktop.

The file was created by a different user and saved and I haven't been able to delete it since.

Since then the user has left the company.

Any ideas as to how to delete this file?

When I try to delete it I just get the following message shown on attached screen shot.

It just calculates and calculates the time required for deletion and never gets any where.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Steve_Stafford
2009-10-14, 08:03 PM
Someone with Windows operating system administrative rights will need to do this for you.

still.james
2009-10-14, 08:11 PM
i had this problem and i had to disable thumbnails.

phoulx
2009-10-23, 06:48 PM
Assuming that's Vista, another suggestion would be to download KillBox which will delete this.

I've had that same error message when downloading from client FTP sites to my desktop - I have no access to the file, can't open it, can't check permissions etc unless I reboot in safe mode as administrator. My normal user rights are set to administrator but it's still a no go.

I now save client files to the root folder or the network instead of under a users folder. No problems. It seems like the complex permissions required for these central files doesn't jive with the complex permissions in play with Vista.

patricks
2009-10-24, 10:08 PM
What if you press Shift+Delete so that it will directly delete it instead of sending it to the Recycle Bin?