PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Wall Types

archshanna
2009-10-14, 09:10 PM
I am trying to make a master specification list. I have added parameters to my families that I can schedule and it's nice and dandy. But then I come to walls...walls are Revit made and I can't add a parameter to it that I can figure. I can input data into an existing family but then I'm not sure how to schedule it properly. I suppose if I had to make a seperate schedule for wall type spec sections that might be all I can do....but I'm not even sure how to make that work. Any suggestions?

cporter.207875
2009-10-14, 09:19 PM
I am trying to make a master specification list. I have added parameters to my families that I can schedule and it's nice and dandy. But then I come to walls...walls are Revit made and I can't add a parameter to it that I can figure. I can input data into an existing family but then I'm not sure how to schedule it properly. I suppose if I had to make a seperate schedule for wall type spec sections that might be all I can do....but I'm not even sure how to make that work. Any suggestions?

Add the shared parameters as Project Parameters in your project template, applying them only to walls.

Andre Carvalho
2009-10-14, 09:20 PM
Go to Settings and create a Project parameter. Name it and apply it to walls. When you select your walls you'll see the parameters you just created. These can also be scheduled.

Andre Carvalho