PDA

View Full Version : Trying to apply a yes/no parameter to a symbole in Titlesheet

plavallee
2009-10-14, 09:51 PM
I am trying to make a north arrow symbole have a yes/no parameter for it's visibility. I would like to be able to select several sheets at once and select whether or not it appears in the titleblock by clicking in the toggle box in the properties dialogue box.

I have tried several different things and nothing seems to work. Being able to do this would save us alot of time.

Alex Page
2009-10-15, 07:27 AM
Doesnt the normal way work?:

Make a new instance based "Yes/no" Parameter, say called "Show Northpoint"

Select the Northpoint Symbol, go to properties and 'tie' its visiblility parameter to "Show Northpoint

plavallee
2009-10-15, 01:31 PM
I have tried that, but it didn't work. Could it be because the annotation family type I chose to create the North arrow? I used the generic annotation template file to create it.

bskripac
2009-10-15, 02:33 PM
We have nested symbols in our title blocks for the architect's seal and it is created as a generic annotation, the same way Alex described it. See attached sketch...

plavallee
2009-10-15, 02:41 PM
Can you change that parameter when you select several sheets from the project browser and toggle them on and off or do you have to open each sheet and change it then?

bskripac
2009-10-15, 02:49 PM
No you can't, because that visibility parameter is tied to the Title block family. When you select multiple sheet in the project browser and go to properties you are controlling the properties of the selected views, not the title block family inside of the view.

plavallee
2009-10-15, 02:52 PM
Can you make it a shared parameter and then controle that way?

bskripac
2009-10-15, 02:58 PM
It doesn't look like that will work. When you select the symbol and go to properties to map it to a parameter or create a new parameter it Shared parameters are grayed out.