PDA

View Full Version : Section Text Size Screwy in Layout ... PWEEZ Help Me...

sam.is.in.space
2009-10-14, 10:17 PM
Okay. I just got a job with an engineer, I am not an engineer but know autocad....

So I got the job. No one here knows autoCAD Civil 3D and I am teaching it to my self on the cheap for the company, I know I am swell.

Any way, I was given a .dwg of the topography of an area and was asked to create both a profile and sections of the 'dam crest'.

well after many many cups of tea I have accomplished this task.

now all I have to do it plot it for the boss, no sweat...

sadly however the text for both the sections and the profile is screwy as all hell and it can't figure out how to scale it to show up in paper space and then hopefully on the arch D sheet.

how do you edit text sizes on a series of sections and a profile?

please please please help!

much love! ~sam

jmoore.218473
2009-10-15, 03:29 PM
When you create/working with your sections and profiles, make sure your scale (in the lower right) is set to the scale that you want to be working with. That should help insure the text is going to come in at the right size. When you’re in paper space, just verify that the viewport scale is correct.

Without seeing the drawing it's kind of hard to see if this will help, but I hope it does.

tedg
2009-10-15, 03:42 PM
only if you promise not to use the word "PWEEZ" again...

:p

sam.is.in.space
2009-10-15, 04:04 PM
no problem, no more PWEEZE, except for that one! a bit delirious from staring at a screen all day. i am new-ish.

so am i correct in assuming that once i have created sections / profiles i cannot change the scale of the text?

cheers!

tedg
2009-10-15, 04:23 PM
no problem, no more PWEEZE, except for that one! a bit delirious from staring at a screen all day. i am new-ish.

so am i correct in assuming that once i have created sections / profiles i cannot change the scale of the text?

cheers!
I don't know for sure, I don't work in civil or any of those civil platforms.
I do know that back in the Softdesk days, you used to select the text style for those types of things which regulated the plotted height. Text styles like L100, L200, L50 (etc)

So maybe that's what you would need to do, what ever process you're using to generating your sections and profiles, you need to select an out of the box text style, or maybe create one you can scale accordingly.

Just a thought, good luck.

jmoore.218473
2009-10-15, 04:27 PM
No you can still change your text thought the "edit band style", just be sure that when you do it you have your scale set (in the lower right) to what you want the scale of the profile/sections. That way you can see that it's correct. Where I work we use a text size of .09375, but I think most people use a text size of .1

Yes please no more Pweez... Don't think your going to find too many 4 year-olds here. lol

Hope that helps,
Jon

brian.hailey933139
2009-10-16, 04:30 PM
Labels will scale up and down automatically depending on the viewport/annotation scale. You set the label style to plot at a specific height and then, no matter what the scale of the viewport is, it will always plot that height.