PDA

View Full Version : Rooms not working correctly - help!

amh
2009-10-15, 02:51 PM
Hello,

I am having an issue with a few rooms in one of our models. When saving to central, I was prompted about moving room tags to their rooms, and I selected to move to rooms (this I found was odd because I am the only one working in the project and haven’t moved a wall). When I zoomed out of the area I was working in, I noticed that the space will not host the room. This is odd because the rooms are working all around the rest of the model except in this location. If you hover over the room tags, it shows the source point of the room in the space where it is supposed to be. I have altered the element properties of the rooms and tried everything possible (deleted and redrew walls, put in room seperation lines, etc), and yet these stubborn few just will not work. We were running area calcs “at wall center” because we are doing schedules with departments. The first attached screen shot shows what happens when the room calc is selected to be “at wall center” – as you can see the rooms do not work correctly. However, if I change the wall calculation to “at wall finish”, the rooms work appropriately. Any suggestions as to why we cannot get this to work correctly?

General Info:
- This model does have numerous phases (this problem only occurs in the first phase), nothing is demoed in the first phase (which this is occuring) and the other phases just show the additions to the building.
- the build is 20090317_2115 in revit architecture 2010
- we have contacted the people through which we purchased the program - no luck

patricks
2009-10-15, 05:24 PM
Dang that sounds like the initial 2010 release. You might try installing WU2 to see if that does the trick. You do not need to install WU1 as all those updates are incorporated into WU2.

tamas
2009-10-15, 05:34 PM
Try setting Room Calculation Height as an explicit value instead of using the "Automatic" option. These are parameters of the Level Type.

Tamas