PDA

View Full Version : SSG Curtain Wall Corner, different bottom

3dway
2009-10-16, 03:58 PM
I was able to figure out that if you put a basic wall family in the curtain wall panel, which is a basic wall 25mm thick and and a glass material, it will join at the corner. Can't believe it was that simple. I'm sure I've given something up. I haven't tried to change the offset of the IGU from center yet.

Anyhoo.

Here's an image:
What you're looking at is the penthouse level of an apartment building. There's an SSG corner, which on one site is going to have to be at top of parapet. Once it turns the corner, it's going to have to be 600mm down inside the parapet. Making the corner, it seemed like the best solution was to provide a short horizontal mullion in the corner lite only. When I do this, I find that the bottom mullion of the high side, won't join with the mullion on the gridline on the lower side. Is this because there ever so slightly out of line, or because one is a bottom shape handle with no gridline, and one is a gridline?

What would you do?

3dway
2009-10-16, 04:06 PM
Nevermind.

I build the low side out of two curtain walls with different bottom heights. The bottom bit of the part that turns the corner can be parapet.

I'm going to try to but another curtain wall in that little square just for giggles.

3dway
2009-10-16, 04:15 PM
Ok,

So the side effect of this is that the wall in the end curtian wall panel wants to join with the real wall next to it, whether or not I set the curtain wall end to disallow join.

RodneyLester
2009-10-16, 04:38 PM
You could also make the curtainwall on the parapet side the same height as the one on the balcony. Then just remove all mullions and set the glazing to empty for the portion below the parapet.

3dway
2009-10-16, 08:12 PM
you have to unpin them and change the panels to empty right?

Does unpinning do anything bad?

I also unpinned to make my corner glass panels work. I modified the stanard panel to have a right and left offset, and a left and right join angle parameter. I had to upin, select, and change each panel individually.

mthurnauer
2009-10-17, 02:10 AM
No, unpinning only means that the panels do not meet the rules set up for the standard panel as defined in the curtainwall wall type.