PDA

View Full Version : Creating template from scratch

patricks
2009-10-21, 04:10 PM
While I have sometimes just upgraded our office template for each new release, sometimes I want to create a new one from scratch if the new release has major changes to it, such as 2010 did, or such as version 9 did after 8.1 (I think) when all the area calculation stuff changed.

Anyway, is there a way to export what all families are loaded and settings, etc. that are in a particular file or template, maybe to spreadsheet or something?

patricks
2009-12-15, 03:26 PM
Anyone have any ideas on this? With the problems I'm having with the options bar duplicating itself on what seems to be upgraded files only, I'd really like to scratch-build a template in 2010... but getting everything set up the same is pretty much trial-and-error as you go along and discover what's missing here and there from the original template. Having a list of everything sure would be handy.

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-15, 03:43 PM
There used to be a tool in an unsupported toolbar that would export all the families to a directory, but i think its gone now.

Having said that, will it put your mind at ease if i tell you that i have native brand new 2010 files that still have the options bar problem? Yet i have some that are upgraded from 2009 (and some from 2008 that are from 2008) that do not have the problem...