PDA

View Full Version : INI file and the Places List

NKramer
2009-10-21, 04:57 PM
I am trying to add a project specific folder to the Places list via the .ini file. I have been able to append the .ini file on a project by project basis in the past by adding a partial .ini file into the same folder as the project.

In this case I would like to have a constant “Project Families” folder in the Places list which you would always save families to but the path of the folder would change based on the project.

Is there a way to add to or control the Places list in the .ini file?

If not is there a way to modify the places list outside of Revit, or do I actually have to open Revit?

Nick

PS: Not sure if this belongs in the API, Tips and Tricks or General form.

david.kurtz
2009-10-21, 05:34 PM
As the file open dialog is a common autodesk component, you can likely change the values in this registry location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010\Profiles\AllAnavDialogs

It's been a while since I've mucked with this so I'd have to check to be for sure that it works the way I think it does.

NKramer
2009-10-28, 12:41 AM
I tried editing that places list and apparently the windows registry Places list is different from the the upper left R icon > Options > File Locations > Places list.

Does anyone know what the R icon > Options > File Locations > Places list is used for or how you can edit it outside of Revit? (ala registries or AHK)

thanks,
Nick