PDA

View Full Version : IFC Microstation and Revit

WYSIWYG-BIM
2009-10-21, 05:15 PM
My client is suing both Microstation and revit to create their model and then saving out to .ifc so we can use it as the basis for adding our stuff to it. I could open their smaller file at 35.4 MB but cant open the larger file 201 MB. I am on 64 bit, 8 gig RAC 2010. Upon trying to open the file said it has 44 errrors and 344 warnings and then it would crash Revit.

Any ideas on how I can ask them to save it differently or what they can do so that we can open their model withour crashing?

thanks

m20roxxers
2009-10-22, 08:03 AM
I would try a couple of options.

Firstly get them to export out the model in sections then create the Revit models and link them back together.

Secondly has work get the Solibri IFC file optimiser as I have found it can clean up IFC files nicely.

cphubb
2009-10-22, 03:05 PM
I would try a couple of options.

Firstly get them to export out the model in sections then create the Revit models and link them back together.

Secondly has work get the Solibri IFC file optimiser as I have found it can clean up IFC files nicely.

Plus you should check the IFC in Solibri before doing any critical IFC exchanges between any BIM programs. If you really are working this way and not testing for the future Solibri is worth the investment