PDA

View Full Version : Reder Materials???

cadman6735
2009-10-21, 10:04 PM
What's the trick to making a custom image material not look as if it repeated, show the seams as one might say?

I have a rock stone wall image that I down loaded from the web but I can see the seams repeating and stacking in my rendered wall.

I double checked it against one of the materials suplied with Revit that looks very simular to my image that I am using and it looks seamless. I can see the repeated pattern but I don't see the seams so it looks natural.

Can someone explain the trick to me.

Thanks

patricks
2009-10-22, 02:52 PM
It has to be an image that will tile properly, which means the image at the bottom and right side must continue at the left and top sides, respectively. Using just a photo of stone by itself won't do this. Indeed, most product images you'll find on websites won't do this, either. The image must be especially made to be able to tile correctly, more so when there are random joints or joints that don't align in all directions, like with stone or a brick running bond.

You'd have to use an image editing program like Photoshop to try to edit the image so that pieces of stone on each edge will continue on the opposite edges to get the proper effect.