PDA

View Full Version : locking a fire wall?

pshupe.159931
2009-10-22, 03:06 PM
I have a couple of walls that are for a fire separations. They are made up of multiple layers of drywall. These walls must be contiguous and not have any other walls join/ or trim to them. How would I do that? There are a number of partitions that would be framed to the face of these walls but in all instances the finish material can not be interrupted. Thanks

Regards Peter.

pshupe.159931
2009-10-22, 03:16 PM
I managed to get what I wanted with the wall join tool. Is there a way to set the parameter of the wall so that it will automatically display as "Don't Clean Join" as default?? Thanks again.

Regards Peter.

patricks
2009-10-22, 04:02 PM
I managed to get what I wanted with the wall join tool. Is there a way to set the parameter of the wall so that it will automatically display as "Don't Clean Join" as default?? Thanks again.

Regards Peter.

Nope, currently not possible, although it has been asked for several times.

What you can do, though, is just select your intersecting wall(s), right click on the blue end grip, and change to Disallow Join. You don't need to use the Wall Join tool.

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-10-23, 04:14 PM
Depending on the number of walls involved you might want to consider saving them as a separate file and linking them back in to the main model. Walls do not clean up across linked models and the process of manually checking and unchecking wall join conditions can be a pain.