PDA

View Full Version : Type selector not sticking in QAT - SP3 subscription advantage

twaldock
2009-10-23, 04:09 AM
I have just installed RAC 2010 64bit (XP) and I really like the new look Type selector on the Ribbon. Even better, when you add it to the QAT you can actually read the active type name without having to click on it.

BUT, when I quit and went back into Revit, the type selector was not visible on the QAT when I hit the component command. I clicked on the "customise QAT" arrow at the right end of the QAT and the type selector kind of dropped down to be visible below the QAT, but disappeared again after that. I managed to remove it from the QAT and then added it back again. All fine until I quit and restarted Revit - no sign of the type selector at all on the QAT

patricks
2009-10-23, 04:27 AM
Maybe it just wasn't made to go in the QAT? I mean it's there when you pick something or start a command to place something, and it's a HUGE button now. Do you really need it in the QAT?

twaldock
2009-10-25, 04:31 AM
I am just highlighting what I consider to be a bug in SP3 (sorry, I mean "unexpected behaviour"). This was a problem with earlier versions of 2010, and was fixed at some point - so yes it definitely should stay on the QAT.
The reason why you might want Type Selector on the QAT is when you run Revit in minimized ribbon mode, which is highly desirable for experienced users who feel that the response time on the ribbon slows them down.

Later:
Now I see what it was doing (intermittently) - previous versions you could keep adding stuff to the QAT and it pushed all that redundant text beside it to the right. Now it has changed (sometimes) so that after you have added a few items to the QAT they start getting hidden behind a tiny arrow pointing to the right, which shows them (dropped down) only when you click on it.
Now you can always read "Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010 . . ." but you can't see much on the QAT any more (especially after you've added something wide like Active Worksets. This change absolutely defies logic - unless you are in marketing!

Yes I want to see the file name up there, but I'd be quite happy if the rest was automatically compressed to "RAC2010" once the QAT gets wider.