PDA

View Full Version : RAC 2010- SP3- Schedules- Entering Fields

twiceroadsfool
2009-10-24, 10:44 PM
Im not sure if this changed, but i would swear it did.

When i tab through fields in a Schedule that are text fields, i can no longer Just tab to them and start typing. I now need to click in them with the mouse.

Am i nuts? Or was it not that way before?

Steve_Stafford
2009-10-25, 12:25 AM
Nope...new bug introduced by the update (SAP1) unfortunately...

twiceroadsfool
2009-10-25, 12:36 AM
Okay, just wanted to make sure it wasnt me losing my brain. :) My rote rehearsal was trying to go "Tab type tab" and then i realized i was going "Tab click type tab click type" and i was like Whiskey tango...

greg.mcdowell
2009-10-26, 05:35 PM
I just found this too... I hope they come up with a fix for this soon. It makes transferring values from a calculated column to another for tags a real pain.

fernandez
2009-11-06, 04:49 PM
Argh! Just discovered this too! Huge problem, have thousands of rows of data to import and can't use script to copy/paste without fixing bug. Eek!

twaldock
2009-11-07, 12:26 AM
My guess is that it has something to do with changes made to enable the new keyboard shortcuts. It is also now possible (with SP3) to invoke keyboard shortcuts when you are trying to navigate/input data to a schedule. If the focus is in a field that does not accept text input, in previous versions when you tried to type nothing happened, but with SP3 it starts trying to do keyboard shortcuts, and often it takes the last key + enter and responds to that as a shortcut. I don't like this new behaviour much.

Has anyone formally reported the tab bug? Gotta be fixed quicksmart.

samov
2009-11-08, 07:08 PM
Sorry to cut in like this... what is this SP3... autodesk's site posts just update 2 on RAC

Is SP3 out?

------

Nevermind.... SAP is Subscription Advantage Pack... i get it now. Back to work now :)

truevis
2009-11-09, 02:03 AM
Argh! Just discovered this too! Huge problem, have thousands of rows of data to import and can't use script to copy/paste without fixing bug. Eek!

F2 will get you editing the cell.

If your script is AutoHotKey, make it like:

Send, {F2}{SHIFTDOWN}{END}{SHIFTUP}
SendInput, %ScheduleText%

fernandez
2009-11-10, 12:01 AM
Thanks, truevis!