PDA

View Full Version : missing tool in 2010

ray.205827
2009-10-24, 11:01 PM
I have recently read a post somewhere (not sure if it was on here or in one of the gazillion blogs I follow religiously) about how to find missing tools in 2010, but I cannot find it now. I've done a search in here but didn't find anything - I confess I'm not much good with the search function - keep getting a message about less than 3 characters or words or something. Anyhow, to cut a long story short, does anyone know where the flip control tool is hiding now? I just did the 2009 version line based detail component make a parametric arrow family tutorial in the new AECEDGE magazine and I want to finish it.

ray.205827
2009-10-24, 11:35 PM
I have recently read a post somewhere (not sure if it was on here or in one of the gazillion blogs I follow religiously) about how to find missing tools in 2010, but I cannot find it now. I've done a search in here but didn't find anything - I confess I'm not much good with the search function - keep getting a message about less than 3 characters or words or something. Anyhow, to cut a long story short, does anyone know where the flip control tool is hiding now? I just did the 2009 version line based detail component make a parametric arrow family tutorial in the new AECEDGE magazine and I want to finish it.

Update
There must be an architectural service pack, because this issue has been fixed in MEP 2010.

trombe
2009-10-25, 09:16 AM

Yo Ray,

RAC 2010 original web release and the factory DVD release, and Revit WU-1. did not have the flip controls in the Family Editor. The tool had been removed accidentally I think, however the flip control tool, was put back into the Family Editor, in Web Update 2.
so all you have to do is install WU-2 to get the control tool back however, since the SP3 file is a cumulative release, everything to date is in that file (other than things like the DB Link tool etc. , which you can find on the subscription site.

regards
trombe

myBIMhero
2009-10-30, 05:12 PM
There is a SP3 release? Wasn't there just a SP2 very recently?

patricks
2009-10-30, 05:17 PM
There is a SP3 release? Wasn't there just a SP2 very recently?

There was a Web Update 1 (WU1, SP1, whatever), Web Update 2, and then last week a Subscription Advantage Pack. Some people have been referring to this as SP3. I'm not sure if this is available to everyone or not, but I know it adds some features only for people on Subscription. It also changes some of the tool buttons on some of the ribbons and fixes a few issues.

I just with Autodesk would decide on an update term for between-release updates/service packs/patches/whatever and stick to it. Seems like for 2008 there were Web Updates, then for 2009 they changed to Service Packs, now for 2010 they're back to Web Updates again. :roll:

Wes Macaulay
2009-10-30, 07:22 PM
The Subscription Pack is SP2 along with some new functionality

patricks
2009-10-30, 11:28 PM
The Subscription Pack is SP2 along with some new functionality

You mean it integrates Web Update 2 with some new functions?

Alan aka cadalot
2009-10-31, 12:17 AM
When it installs it puts the old content into a folder called SP3 under your library.

It includes SP1 and SP2 and will be Re Released in UK and Europe at the end of November