PDA

View Full Version : 2009 UI icons messed up by subscription update?

ws
2009-10-25, 05:26 PM
Is it just me or does applying the subscription update to RAC 2010 mess up the 2009 UI?

My icons on the 2nd row (top of screen) do not match the tooltips - and the tooltips are right, not the icons.

(this is in Vista 64)

jsnyder.68308
2009-10-25, 08:20 PM
Mine are still OK. (XP 32)

ws
2009-10-25, 08:37 PM
Thanks,

Hmm, that's weird.

All the icons on my 2nd row show the wrong tooltip - which is the command actually activated.

It isn't even consistently one out.

Phillip_Miller
2009-10-26, 02:05 AM
Thanks,

Hmm, that's weird.

All the icons on my 2nd row show the wrong tooltip - which is the command actually activated.

It isn't even consistently one out.

I tried it on Windows 7 and yes they are all out :). Lucky I use the ribbon...

gbrowne
2009-10-26, 09:41 AM
"Thou shall use the ribbon!" ;-)

ws
2009-10-26, 09:55 AM
So, er, I switch to using the ribbon...

editing a simple stair sketch Revit crashes...

I can't remember the last time I had a Revit crash - certainly months ago.

So, is it the update, the ribbon, or a coincidence ? ;)

iankids
2009-10-26, 10:20 AM
So, er, I switch to using the ribbon...

editing a simple stair sketch Revit crashes...

I can't remember the last time I had a Revit crash - certainly months ago.

So, is it the update, the ribbon, or a coincidence ? ;)

Hi William,

I noted with interest in another thread, that you have been able to have the hardware accelerator on in Windows 7. For me with a similar (not as good as yours) video card it still gives flaky results when running in the ribbon. Might be worth a try to switch it off to see it has any impact on the stability.

Without the accelerator active, Revit is very stable for me prior to and with the updates installed. To get around the mouse hunt and peck commands of the ribbon, I have adopted the SpeedyUI (Tips and Tricks Forum) and find it very efficient and enjoyable with the Intuos tablet

Cheers,

Ian

ws
2009-10-26, 12:04 PM
Hi Ian,

I'm running a test machine with Windows 7 64 bit just to see what happens, but it has been OK so far.

My main machine I'm still running Vista 64 and up until this problem with the icons was very happy using the 2009 UI - it is so much quicker to work with than the ribbon interface.

I've been following the thread you mention but I still prefer my X-keys strip for macros at the moment.

Incidentally, I haven't been able to find the keyboard shortcut editor in the sub advantage update yet.

/... whoops - just spotted this in Greg Arkin's blog update:
http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-use-new-keyboard-shortcuts.html

jyoungner
2009-10-26, 01:36 PM
Yes- my icons do not match what their function is for 2009ui. I am using vista 32-bit...

scott.latch
2009-10-26, 04:27 PM
Hi Folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The problem appears to be confined to the Tools toolbar, but we are unsure if it is affecting all installations. Althougth we are focused on the next release of Revit, we will have someone take a look at this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks again,