PDA

View Full Version : Split tool broken - SP3

sbrown
2009-10-27, 04:34 PM
It seems like if you convert a line from model to symbol the split line tool won't work on the line.

patricks
2009-10-27, 04:57 PM
Split works fine for me on all types of lines, even after being converted back and forth between drafting and model lines several times.

cliff collins
2009-10-28, 02:53 PM
Can you clarify if you mean converting from model line to detail line,

or as Scott mentioned from model line to symbol ( symbolic ? ) line?

I am assuming you are using the new Advantage Pack add-in....

cheers.......

Steve_Stafford
2009-10-28, 03:21 PM
Scott...maybe you just need some training? Are there any good resellers nearby? They usually offer basic training classes at least once a month. Okay...haha...

I just tested this both in the project and family editor with no issues. I thought maybe you were in the family editor because you wrote Symbol lines. Had me worried that the feature wasn't working there for some reason. I used the Generic Model template. If you were in a family...which template.

sbrown
2009-10-28, 05:29 PM
I was in the family editior and for some reason often when I chose to draw symbol lines, it still creates model lines. so I tried the new feature and grabbed a bunch of model lines that were supposed to be symbol lines and after I converted them, which took many minutes. I couldn't split them. This has happened with the trim command to me in the past. Lines that some how don't know they are on the same plane with other lines won't trim.

DoTheBIM
2009-10-28, 08:17 PM
I was in the family editior and for some reason often when I chose to draw symbol lines, it still creates model lines. I get that all the time in a newish family. I haven't been able to narrow it down to replicate to send to support. Very irritating. Only seems to happen once in a view... and I've come to expect it so I double check the right command is selected out of habit now.