PDA

View Full Version : Exported view not saving

kreed
2009-10-28, 04:37 PM
I'm trying to export a file from Revit 2010 SP3 and having an issue where the export is not saving anywhere. The Export DWG dialog box comes up behaves normally then asks where to save the file then just pops up again as if it is done.

In the past the dialog box would disappear when it was finished exporting so I don't know if this means it is not finishing or if it is finishing and saving it in some wierd place. There are no error messages given.

I am piloting Windows 7 Professional for our office and I understand that 7 may not be fully supported but another person in our office has tried the same procedure and gotten the same result with Windows Vista 64 bit.

The only other odd thing that we've noticed is that the folders that we try to export to are getting filled with 20+ Autocad .pat files. No idea where these are coming from and why.

The view trying to be exported is from a master file with 25 individual buidling files linked in.
Had no problems unitl installing SP3. Support request already filed.

Please help. We need to be able to export today.

cliff collins
2009-10-28, 04:48 PM
I suspect a lack of memory issue. With a huge Master Plan file,
you may not have enough RAM to export a single .dwg file from a very large Revit project.
How much RAM do you have, and I'mm assuming 64 bit OS?

Could the exports be broken into smaller pieces, and then "merged" in Autocad?

just some thoughts.....

cheers

kreed
2009-10-28, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the response Cliff,

The Master file is only 7 MB but does have 30+ linked files. We've never had an issue with this file previously and these boxes we have now are 8GB ram and 64 bit systems (both Vista and 7). We're trying an XP machine with 4GB as a backup to see if it works.

This project has been going for over a year and we've been able to do lots of intense renderings and other operations with this many links, so I don't think it's the file size. Maybe the SP3 update (Subscription Advantage Pack) did something to cause that to change but I hope not.

kreed
2009-10-28, 05:16 PM
Exports work on Windows XP machine with 4GB ram that does not have the latest update installed.

Might be uninstalling the SP3 update today.