PDA

View Full Version : Revit Architecture Layer Mapping for Export

dwaldron
2009-10-28, 04:46 PM
I have a question about mapping layers for export to DWG in Architecture 2009.

I have several different Fire Alarm Device Tag families in the project. What I need is for each family to be assigned its own layer when exported to Autocad rather than grouped into the layer "Fire Alarm Devices."

In the individual tag families, I created a new subcategory for the lines and then changed the layer mapping so that they exported correctly to their own layer. However, some of these tags also include a filled region and that's what I can't figure out how to get onto the correct layer.

I'm not a very advanced Revit user and may be approaching this the wrong way...can anyone offer advice?

Many thanks in advance.

greg.mcdowell
2009-10-29, 09:28 PM
If you make a sub-category for the devices and place build y our objects on this sub-category - you should be able to control which layer they go on when you export.

vivalaverdad
2011-03-31, 12:43 PM
This is interesting. I was wondering how to have more control with exporting than just the standard categories listed in the Export Layer dialog.

Does this imply that somehow we can add new subcategories to an object, so that we can export each of them to its own CAD layer???

For example, potentially a CAD layer for kneewalls, and one for full height walls; or, a layer for one hour rated walls, and one for two hour rated walls. I can see how to add subcategories such as these or others to the layer mapping text file, but I don't see how to make the new rows in the text file actually linked to anything?