PDA

View Full Version : Official AutoDesk Revit API Documents

Scott Hopkins
2003-09-12, 08:27 PM
I snatched these from a power point presentation located in the "Developer Center" on the AutoDesk website. It looks as if the decision to open up Revit's API has already been finalized and will happen whether we like it or not. See the attached power point slides.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=2484975&siteID=123112

aggockel50321
2003-09-13, 11:32 AM
Interesting.

Maybe Marty wants to be able to turn up the heat & fill the hot tub from within Revit, before he heads down to the Cape for the weekend...

OK all you Revit faithful - here's a chance for glory - and a chance to design my house. Think of it...the fame...the glamor...the limelight. The winner will take home cash, acclaim and get to have their Revit design built for all the Autodesk staff to see and visit. Further, I will be living with the results...for better or worse.
Those of you who know me know I only post here sparsly...so don't miss this unique opportunity ;-) Here are the stats;

The Client: Marty Rozmanith The Site: Somewhere on Cape Cod, Massachusetts The Prize: $4000 in unmarked bills (and all the fame and glory you can handle)

Vincent Valentijn
2003-09-15, 09:25 AM
I snatched these from a power point presentation located in the "Developer Center" on the AutoDesk website. It looks as if the decision to open up Revit's API has already been finalized and will happen whether we like it or not.

The document you refer to has been around for quite a while, for everyone to see.. that's why I didn't really want to have a discussion about the API in the first place. But since my statement 'we want API' started the cascade..
I guess just a few people knew what was behind it :?: .. and the discussion came around anyway.
So then I got really curious about your opinions, the cad users.. and was trying to explain -why- we personally want API.
-IF- API comes was never a point of dicussion, it comes, I stated that in the other thread allready. And I proposed to switch the discussion to -the nature- of the API.. eventhough we don't have any influence there either, strategies are since long -set- by Autodesk OF COURSE !! -duh- :roll: we're not talking about some amateurs here.. but you knew that.

I'm just very impatient.. as I said before, in business time is money.