PDA

View Full Version : seperate wall cut and wall projection lines when exporting to DWG

leerevit
2009-10-30, 11:30 AM
In revit, the wall cut line are well distinguished with wall projection lines (windows, doors). But when exporting to DWG, no matter how I do the dwg export settings, the result is the same. The wall cut lines and wall projection lines are all in the same layer and color. So I just can't get think line for wall-cut and thin line for wall projection in DWG. Thanks in advance for any input on this issue.

Scott D Davis
2009-10-30, 05:05 PM
have you changed the Export Layers settings? There are separate settings for Projection and Cut in the Export Layers dialog box, and you can tell Revit to export projection/cut to different layers and different colors. See the attached dialog box:

t1.shep
2009-10-30, 07:19 PM
Along these same lines...if the mapped layer name is in brackets {} then it means that it is "locked" to the parent layer (the layer name without the brackets) and takes on that layer's properties. So if I want my wall structure layers to appear different than the wall finish layers, I need to create a new layer name and color number.
Also, anyone know what the MBNI is short for in regards to the wall layers?