PDA

View Full Version : Room Areas in Perspective

mnisbett
2004-11-17, 07:57 PM
I've already asked this question to Autodesk but was told it could not be done. Maybe there is a guru out there with an answer. I converted the attached plan in Revit from ADT to help me learn the program and make a nicer presentation. It worked great. I had a few problems but managed to figure them out along the way, until I got to the area plan. The plan looks great in 2D but I thought it would look great as a birds-eye perspective. When I did the perspective there are no colors for the room areas even though you can see the outlines. I called the Home Base and they told me I would have to recolor the perspective in Photoshop or similar software or break up the floor slab into the areas I wanted and color them that way. I thought this would be a waste of time considering ITS ALREADY DONE!! Maybe it is a limitation but, there has to be an easier way. Anyone run into this problem?

aaronrumple
2004-11-17, 09:13 PM
Export the color plans as a jpeg. Apply it as a decal to the floor slab. Render the 3D view.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-11-17, 09:16 PM
You can create a separate floor that is only 1/8" thick and place it over the areas that need color. Create different floor material surface patterns for each color required. If you place these on a different workset you can hide them as required. By using the pick walls option you can do this very quickly and the thin floor will remain linked to the walls if any changes occur.
That said, it would be nice if the colored plan created by Revit could be viewed in 3D.

mark.68887
2004-11-18, 06:11 PM
I may be a bit ignorant and or missing something. But why not just use the split face tool on the floor and choose different textures/colors???

Just a thought.

aaronrumple
2004-11-18, 06:30 PM
Splitting that many faces is slow and not easy to update.

mnisbett
2004-11-19, 05:16 PM
Hey Aaron thanks for the help.

The only problem I had was matching up the decal to the plan. It took some fiddling around but I got it eventually. I've attached the near finished product.

PeterJ
2004-11-19, 06:09 PM
Aaron, seeing how Mnisbett has implemented your advice I think you should post this one over in Tips and Tricks.

Steve Cashman
2004-11-20, 12:54 PM
Very well done. What a great way to communicate to clients. I did this in the past in AutoCAD, but it was really time consuming. I'll give this a try with some current projects.