PDA

View Full Version : ARX doesn't work with 2010

Coloradomrg
2009-11-04, 08:50 PM
I have an ARX file that we use to bring panel schedules into our drawings from SKM Powertools. The ARX is provided by SKM, but their tech support seems to work weird hours and this doesn't seem to be a priority for them either. This file worked just fine in 2009, but wont' work in 2010.

This ARX talks to the project folder and batch converts .dxf files to .dwg, thus allowing us to xref these panels.

I can get around lisp routines, but programming is really not my forte. Any ideas what I would need to do to update this ARX? And better than that... how do I get into the code? :/ This may be over my head, but I'd like to take a shot at it. Thanks!

rkmcswain
2009-11-04, 09:25 PM
I have an ARX .... This file worked just fine in 2009, but wont' work in 2010.2010 is a different file format and ARX files must be recompiled. Talk to your vendor.

I can get around lisp routines, but programming is really not my forte. Any ideas what I would need to do to update this ARX?The source code, which I doubt your vendor would give up, and the proper programming tools.

Coloradomrg
2009-11-04, 10:03 PM
Thanks!

I was hoping to get this darn thing up and running myself, but I'll have to wait on the software developer. It is the last thing that I need to update before I get the rest of the office running on 2010.

Is this something that I could do with a lisp or a VBA routine? I'm not all that familiar with batch processing, but I can get into the books if it'll help me. I'm thinking with this, I'll be less likely to be at the mercy of an outside company.

rkmcswain
2009-11-04, 11:16 PM
All you need to do is batch convert .dxf files to .dwg files?

ToolPac (http://www.dotsoft.com/toolpac.htm) includes a routine to do this.
I think you could also do it with a script file and a scripting tool like ScriptPro
http://www.autodesk.com/migrationtools

Coloradomrg
2009-11-04, 11:40 PM
That is the basic part that I am concerned with. This particular ARX talks to the .prj file that Powertools uses (I'm not exactly sure why since it's not really needed), but for the ACAD side the batch conversion is the most important part.

Thanks for the ideas!