PDA

View Full Version : Edit In place Family - SP3 - finish gone

sbrown
2009-11-06, 04:48 PM
I edited and inplace family in 2010 and switched views, then closed the hidden views and now I can't finish or cancel the family because the buttons were in the view I started in. I can't find the buttons anywhere.. Just another ****** design flaw of the 2010 interface.

Any ideas?

jlinger
2009-11-06, 06:44 PM
Open the Keyboard Shortcut Manager and add a shortcut for Finish Model? I believe the shortcuts now update instantly without a program reboot.

Andre Carvalho
2009-11-06, 06:56 PM
That's weird. The Finish Model and Cancel Model options should be available at the end of every ribbon for all tabs when editing an in-place family, even if switching views...

Andre Carvalho

sbrown
2009-11-06, 07:25 PM
mine dont exist. Note I switched between 2 open projects during the edit mode. It crazy.

Wes Macaulay
2009-11-06, 09:58 PM
I tried to reproduce this behaviour -- fortunately I cannot :shock:

That would have been an egregious bug -- might still be if Scott can reproduce the bug at will

jlinger
2009-11-06, 10:05 PM
I had a similar issue getting trapped in the Group Editor. I opened up a Model Group in order to edit it. Once inside the group Revit realized that I didn’t have all the permission I needed to edit the elements. So the other user Synchronized with Central and I attempted to Reload Latest. Now I own the element but my file is out of date. Long story short, I couldn’t Cancel the Edit Group, I couldn't Finish the Group, I couldn’t Synchronize with Central, I can’t save my local. I was pretty much trapped in the Edit Group command with no way out.

Logged it with Autodesk, and they said they are looking into it.

Andre Carvalho
2009-11-06, 10:13 PM
I had a similar issue getting trapped in the Group Editor. I opened up a Model Group in order to edit it. Once inside the group Revit realized that I didn’t have all the permission I needed to edit the elements. So the other user Synchronized with Central and I attempted to Reload Latest. Now I own the element but my file is out of date. Long story short, I couldn’t Cancel the Edit Group, I couldn't Finish the Group, I couldn’t Synchronize with Central, I can’t save my local. I was pretty much trapped in the Edit Group command with no way out.

Logged it with Autodesk, and they said they are looking into it.

An user at one of my clients had this issue as well. He had to shut down Revit because he was trapped into the group editor... :shock:

Andre Carvalho

dbaldacchino
2009-11-07, 01:22 AM
It just happened to me in Group Edit mode. I couldn't exit!! What in the world is going on? I had to undo a bunch of steps and the panel reappeared, so I was able to redo the steps one more time and finish editing.

Wes Macaulay
2009-11-07, 07:11 AM
Fracking Ribbon! I hope you guys have submitted SRs on that one :shock:

narlee
2009-11-07, 02:32 PM
Will it make sense if Revit 2011 is referrered to as Revit 2010 SP2011?

dbaldacchino
2009-11-07, 04:38 PM
Fracking Ribbon! I hope you guys have submitted SRs on that one :shock:

Just did and linked to this thread.

camillson
2010-11-12, 06:01 AM
Press "EG", this will bring up the "edit group" tab, and you can exit from there.

Elmo
2010-11-12, 06:51 AM
Wow, another Necroposter. :P

Bud this post is over a year old now, most people are on Revit 2011 now.

iru69
2010-11-12, 06:17 PM
Brilliant! Did you coin that?

"Necroposter"

Elmo
2010-11-15, 06:26 AM
Nope, I saw around here somewhere before I think. It kinda stuck with me and I don't get to use it that often.