PDA

View Full Version : Rooflines on plan

kimheaver
2004-11-17, 11:37 PM
Hi all,

Sorry to make a new thread, I recall this being discussed recently but can't find the thread.

I've underlayed the roof and used the lineweight tool to create dashed rooflines on my floorplan, underlay is now set to none.

Problem is now whenever I move the cursor over the floorplan, the roof highlights but I can't select anything else unless I cycle using the tab key, which makes it very difficult to work.
I've got around it by hiding the roof.

What did I do wrong?
This is the latest build of 7.0

Thanks,
Kim Heaver

beegee
2004-11-17, 11:46 PM
You haven't done anything wrong, that's what happens when you use the linework tool to make an element visible. You're not dealing with a dumb 2D line denoting the roof, you're actually seeing the roof element. If you change your roof, the linework will change with it. ( Except in some cases where you make major shape changes and then you will lose the linework )

You can either choose to temporarily hide the roof, or switch off its visibility, or place it on a workset and turn that off. I usually just accept that I sometimes have to tab to select.

Steve_Stafford
2004-11-17, 11:47 PM
This thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=7570&highlight=Overlay) and my post is another way to tackle this.