PDA

View Full Version : Model lines and reference planes

adnama
2009-11-07, 09:55 AM
How do I make the end of a model line move with the interesection of two reference planes?

narlee
2009-11-07, 02:34 PM
How about, how'd you get that swooping arrow with the shadow? That's cool.

allan_bim
2009-11-07, 03:11 PM
Pick the align command, you then need to highlight over the end of your line and tab until it picks up the end of your line (should hightlight as a large dot), then lock to your reference plane, do that for both the splayed and horizontal linework.

Scott D Davis
2009-11-07, 04:17 PM
How about, how'd you get that swooping arrow with the shadow? That's cool.

I assume it's SnagIt, a screen capture and editing software by Camtasia.

barrie.sharp
2009-11-07, 05:19 PM
I have done something similar before to drive a void for a mitre but obvioulsy that's the other way round. I had issues getting things to behave with alignments. I found it easier to use calculus and good workplane selection.

Add an angle parameter and drive it using sine with your height and width parameters. I've found formulas make things more predictable and you can set limitations so that families don't break.

I also switch on Automatic Sketch Dimensions in the Visisbiltiy and Graphics Override. Then when you select an object, you can see what it's following. By moving witness lines, you can change what is followed. Infact, you don't need padlocks and the model line need not touch the ref lines. One (I say one..) funny quirk in Revit however! You have to have at least one parameter assigned to a dim for it to work!!!

I have attached a family to demonstrate this insanity! Just for fun, delete the token parameter after having played around. Hope this helps.

PS the constraint to the bottom ref was missed. DOH! Select the horizontal dim reading 0 (78 on the floating example) and drag the wittness line to the bottom reference plane.

adnama
2009-11-07, 09:54 PM
I assume it's SnagIt, a screen capture and editing software by Camtasia.

Yup, Snagit by Camtasia for the swooping lines.