PDA

View Full Version : Room Schudules & Cost

craighowie
2009-11-08, 09:42 AM
Hi there,

I am wanting to create a schedule that displays the following:

Room Area X Approximate Building Cost per m²
= Approximate Building Cost per room!

I continue getting the error report (Improper use of boolean expressions) when trying to use a formula (Area * Cost /(1'^2)) to do this calculation.

Does anyone know what this error report means? Or alternatively how I can easily get the result I am after?

Thanks,
Craig Howie

I have attached a screen shot of the schedule which may assist in helping you understand what I am wanting to achieve!

Scott D Davis
2009-11-08, 05:55 PM
Depending on what your parameter names are, you may have a problem. In your Schedule, the columns read Room Area, Cost/sqm, and Approx. Cost. Are these the actual parameter names? Or did you change the names of the parameters for the column headings? (over-ride the parameter name with a column name).

If so, you need to remove the "/" from "Cost/sqm" in the Parameter name. This will cause issues in formulas. Same holds true for the period in "Approx. Cost"

Then your formula for Approx Cost will be simply =Room Area * Cost

craighowie
2009-11-09, 12:24 PM
Hi Scott

Thank you for your response.

Still appear to be having an issue, have simplified the file and attached. Keep on receiving the error report 'Inconsistent Units' when trying to use the Formula - Area * Cost

Any ideas?
Thanks Craig

craighowie
2009-11-10, 06:10 AM
Hi

Sorted out the problem after much trial an error!

Formula I needed was: Approx Cost = Area / 1 m2 * Cost

Thanks,
Craig