PDA

View Full Version : Stacked Wall Coursing

brent.130528
2009-11-09, 05:21 PM
I have a complex wall with alternating brick and CMU bands (1 B, 1 CMU, 1B, 2 CMU, etc.). I have created a stacked wall system, but the coursing lines in elevation appear to be aligned with a single origin point instead of the origin of each type of masonry course. For instance up the wall I have a brick band that has the mortar joint shown right down the middle. How do I correct this?

twiceroadsfool
2009-11-09, 05:26 PM
You can align the model patterns independantly from one another, but im not sure how to get it to do it automatically up the different courses of a stacked wall...

bregnier
2009-11-09, 05:38 PM
If you've got a piece that's just a single band of cmu, use a new material that has a pattern without horizontal lines, so you only have to worry about one alignment and changing the height won't mess with your pattern. I don't think there's a way to set a default origin point on stacked to get your coursing to work automatically, sorry...

brent.130528
2009-11-09, 09:12 PM
All I had to do was use the Align tool to move the joints to the proper place.

mthurnauer
2009-11-10, 03:50 AM
Brent,
Just a word of warning. Brick expands over time and CMU shrinks. Your wall could become a disaster over time. You may want to consider either using calcium silicate in lieu of CMU because it will behave more like brick or you could use a cementitious product in lieu of brick. Either way, you would be better off if the material bands had similar characteristics.