PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With New Sub Regions

dazza163968596
2004-11-18, 10:33 AM
I need a bit of help Guys.:confused:
I have created a site plan for an office development, I added the roads, paths, hard-standings and car parks using the sub region tools. Is there a way of tagging these areas to show Name Material Area etc all of which are in the properties of each region. I would like to be able to either Tag these regions so that it shows Name & Area or schedule these regions showing name, area & material then I will just add the names to the areas using the text tool.

Our estimator is constantly asking for the areas of these items at the moment I'm just handwriting the areas on his drawings.

There must be an automatic way. The information is there I just can't find a way to show it.

Thanks in advance

Darren

PeterJ
2004-11-18, 11:52 AM
you can schedule them, can you get away with placing a schedule on the drawing?

dazza163968596
2004-11-18, 12:14 PM
Thanks Peter,
I have created the schedule I didn't see topography in the schedule types :Oops: (http://forums.augi.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)
Is there a way of tagging these areas? I thought that if you could schedule an item you can tag that item. I had a look at a generic tag but topography isn't listed in the family type/category list, most annoying.

frame
2004-11-18, 03:16 PM
There is no tag for these objects yet.
You could use property lines and then tag the property lines for area.
Edit sketch of sub-region, copy sketch to clipboard.
Quit Sketch
Make new property line by sketching--paste the copied sketch into current view.
Load a property area tag, and tag the property lines.

beegee
2004-11-18, 09:39 PM
I like the word "yet" when it comes from someone at the factory - so full of potential.