PDA

View Full Version : Level/Grid Type Management

bregnier
2009-11-12, 11:05 PM
I must be going crazy. How does one get rid of an extra grid or level type? You can duplicate existing types through the Type Parameters dialog, but not delete. They don't show up in the browser or in purge, and I can't find a tool in the Manage> Settings tab...

iankids
2009-11-12, 11:09 PM
Hi Bregnier,

Simply click on the grid or the level to activate it and either hit the delete key or right click - delete. If they are pinned, they may require unpinning first.

Ian

bregnier
2009-11-12, 11:11 PM
For clarification-- i'm not talking about actual level or grids, but the types themselves.

I'm working on the office template right now. At the moment, when you use the Level tool, it by default selects the OOTB 1/4" level head, which is not the office standard. All of the levels currently in the templates are the office standard type. How do I eliminate this 1/4" type?

iankids
2009-11-12, 11:29 PM
Level system families are fixed in Revit and I don't think one is able to delete them. You can duplicate them and modify to suit your needs etc but not send them to the trash can!

If you do a search in the forum on System families you will find a whole lot of useful info.

ron.sanpedro
2009-11-12, 11:35 PM
For clarification-- i'm not talking about actual level or grids, but the types themselves.

I'm working on the office template right now. At the moment, when you use the Level tool, it by default selects the OOTB 1/4" level head, which is not the office standard. All of the levels currently in the templates are the office standard type. How do I eliminate this 1/4" type?

Purge Unused > Families > Annotation Symbols > Level

Gordon

twiceroadsfool
2009-11-12, 11:42 PM
For levels and grids, there are both the Annotations, and the System "types." Yes, you CAN purge them... But not if theyre in use. If youre not sure where theyre in use, heres a clever trick.

Grab ANY grid in the project. Switch it to the type you want to get rid of. Then right click, select all instances. Then switch it back to the correct grid or Level. Then try purging again. :)

iankids
2009-11-12, 11:47 PM
Ah Hah,

They can't be deleted but can be purged - learn something new every day.

Ian

bregnier
2009-11-13, 12:08 AM
I think i was skipping over them in the purge dialog because they don't have a check box next to the root category (wouldn't want to delete all the types in the project, duh).

twiceroadsfool
2009-11-13, 12:09 AM
All good. Glad you figured it out. :)

jurassicplastic
2016-05-17, 04:39 PM
If you have extra Level Types in your project, you can purge them. It's under Purge Unused / Families / Annotation Symbols / Level.
Check Box the ones you don't want.
It's difficult to find because it's not a Family. It's a Family Type.