PDA

View Full Version : Filling in Ceiling Voids (Vertical Panel)

AlanMcKee
2009-11-13, 10:04 AM
Hi

Having problems filling in a void between the suspended ceiling and first floor slab

See attached pic below: -

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5697/ceilingproblem1.jpg

How do i close this void with a ceiling panel?

Many Thanks

Alan

eivendur1
2009-11-13, 11:04 AM
same as you would build it. i use a drywall with only the outer side "wearing" a gypsum board
lower edge connected to your ceiling, upper edge to your floor slab (or as high as you need it to be seamless)
hope that helps
T

twiceroadsfool
2009-11-13, 01:25 PM
same as you would build it. i use a drywall with only the outer side "wearing" a gypsum board
lower edge connected to your ceiling, upper edge to your floor slab (or as high as you need it to be seamless)
hope that helps
T

Exactly. Use a wall. That way, in a ceiling plan / section detail whatever, you can tag it as an interior partition, or call out its materials.

patricks
2009-11-13, 04:14 PM
Perhaps you're wanting the vertical closure to be actual lay-in ceiling panel grids and panels? Simply create a wall type that mimics your ceiling type in terms of layer construction materials, and presto! Of course it will tag as a wall, unless you create a wall tag or generic tag that looks the same as your ceiling tag.

AlanMcKee
2009-11-14, 04:37 PM
Thanks all for your help, worked perfectly

Cheers

edu.rocha.tavares
2010-08-02, 04:25 PM
Hello!

I would suggest another option. Knowing the hight of that vertical panel you could duplicate your horizontal ceiling and change its thickness to the hight you desire.

Go to the ceiling creation and sketch it on the plan view. You should sketch it with the thickness you want. That's it.

I don't know if I made myself clear but it worked for me and can also use the join geometry to join the vertical and horizontal panels in order to eliminate the line that appears on any elevation or section. And it will count as a ceiling.

Bye!

Eduardo

eric.piotrowicz
2010-08-05, 12:47 PM
Then the issue would be that its not very accurate when you look at the structure of the ceiling. Lets say that a gyp booard ceiling is a 5/8" layer of gyp on 3 5/8" metal studs for a total thickness of 4 1/4" If the ceiling to floor distance is 24" and the floor is 8" thick then what do you use to fill in the remaining space? In reality its air space which is why the suggestion of building it like it is in the field with a layer of gyp as a wall is the way to go for this situation.