PDA

View Full Version : Window and wall disappeared in section detail

CADMama
2009-11-13, 07:59 PM
I just added some interior trim to a window. Then I reloaded it into the project.

In three detail sections for head jamb sill the window and the wall have disappeared. I can hover and find them but I cannot get them to show back up.

If I cut new detail sections it shows up fine but I already have my annotation elements in the other view!!!!!

There was another window that disappeared at the same time - different family completely. It only disappeared in two of the three views.

This is a truly WTH kind of problem. Got me stumped for sure.

CADMama
2009-11-13, 08:18 PM
something is happening to that particular wall - it not longer shows up right in ANY section. I have the outer lines of the wall as if it is on course detail when on med or fine.

NOW if I put it on Coarse detail I can see the windows. This is too weird.

Munkholm
2009-11-13, 08:22 PM
Any chance that you could upload the project to somewhere ? Would be easier to help, if I could see for myself.... :beer:

CADMama
2009-11-13, 09:15 PM
Any chance that you could upload the project to somewhere ? Would be easier to help, if I could see for myself.... :beer:

Actually - I just popped over here to say I don't know what happened but I found how to fix it.

I went to a section with two walls that should be the same. the one I was having problems with was acting bad in that view as well. I used Match Type and matched it to a wall that was behaving well. WaLaaa! All is right in my sections now.

I was blaming the window I had edited when it was the wall actually having the problem.

It had looked like it was just masked out. now wall layers, no windows, nothing cutting the wall. I could select the window if I chose the edge of the trim that stuck out beyond the wall. It was just way too weird.

PS - took a look at your blog - good stuff out there. I will be exploring more!