PDA

View Full Version : Rotate Pattern

DaveP
2009-11-13, 08:34 PM
I've got a really nice Woodgrain hatch pattern.
The problem I'm having is that the design requires the grain to be vertical & the pattern is horizontal.
Is there any way to rotate it?
It's a Drafting pattern, so if I apply the Material to a Wall, it won't let me pick the pattern like you can with, say brick. I tried editing the pattern in the PAT file & re-importing it as a Model pattern, but it's too small. I tried Importing it at a larger scale & Revit tells me the scale is too big.
Tried making Detail Components with "Align with View" and with "Rotate with Element" & those won't rotate, either.

I'm out on ideas. It's a super-complicated pattern, so there's no way I could edit the PAT to rotate it, either. I'm stumped.

Munkholm
2009-11-13, 09:28 PM
Dave.

You can simply use the "Align" tool... (Keyboard Shortcut = AL)
However, the align tool won´t let you rotate the pattern a full 90 degress... but if you create a Reference Plane (or Line, for that matter) at say, 45 degrees - then you can align the pattern to the Reference Plane at 45 degrees, and since align it to vertical/horizontal, to suit your needs. :beer:

DaveP
2009-11-13, 09:39 PM
Yup, tried that.
But, since the pattern was originally a Drafting pattern , I can't Tab to the pattern to pick it with either Align or Move

Munkholm
2009-11-13, 09:49 PM
Sorry Dave ! That´s my mistake - The test I made was with a Model pattern...
Hmm... then i´m out of "brilliant" ideas.... anyone else ?

Scott Womack
2009-11-16, 12:30 PM
This has not worked for at least 5 versions now. I know it has been on the wishlist before. I don't remeber seeing it this go-a-round. Someone should repost it again.

hugh.69031
2009-11-16, 12:42 PM
Dave P,

Could you post a picture of the pattern or the pattern file itself?

Hugh Adamson
www.hatchkit.com.au (http://www.hatchkit.com.au)

sthedens
2009-11-16, 05:55 PM
Sorry Dave ! That´s my mistake - The test I made was with a Model pattern...
Hmm... then i´m out of "brilliant" ideas.... anyone else ?

Can you turn it into a Model Pattern by using ;%TYPE=MODEL in the .pat file?

Example:
*UTILRUN, Utility brick running
;%TYPE=MODEL
0, 0,0, 0,4
90, 0,0, 0,12, 4,-4
90, 6,4, 0,12, 4,-4

Then maybe you could use the Align Tool. I haven't tried it, just throwing out ideas.