PDA

View Full Version : CUSTOM DRAWING INDEX

lamont_edwards
2009-11-14, 07:35 AM
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could steer me in the correct direction, I am trying to create a custom drawing index schedule. I would like the index to include the following

1. Sheet Number
2. Sheet Name
3. Issued

First I would like the sheet to start with T-1 Titlesheet, site, and then architectural. I would like the issue column to have the capability to have a closed filled dot for all drawings submitted.

I created the issue parameter and use a yes/no and the default is a check box can that be changed so that a closed filled dot would represent the drawing being issued? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

ppirtle
2009-11-16, 03:58 PM
I'm guessing this in one of those things you will, like us, have to compromise on. We wanted the same thing, but the closest we could get was to add an "Issued" text parameter and simply enter an "X" for its value. Then, we included the "Issued" parameter in our schedule.

nsinha73
2009-11-16, 04:52 PM
What we do is, add a Parameter called "Sequence". Then sort that sequence in ascending order.
There is a nice thread about this which I can't find right now. Something about including "Shared Parameters"

sthedens
2009-11-16, 05:39 PM
What we do is, add a Parameter called "Sequence". Then sort that sequence in ascending order.

You will probably also want to "hide" the Sequence parameter so it won't display in your schedule.

This methodology could be used on any schedule, not just the drawing index.

nancy.mcclure
2009-11-16, 11:19 PM
Hello Lamont,

I created a short video tutorial (no sound) of this topic back in RAC'09, but the process is basically the same in 2010: http://www.screencast.com/t/Uy7lmGJEW1

1. Create the shared parameters you want to apply to the Drawing Sheets
2. Add to the project as Project Parameters
3. Apply to your Drawing List
4. Define the values for the new parameters
5. Sort/Group as needed

Hope that helps,

lamont_edwards
2009-11-17, 06:17 AM
Thank you all for your help I have a set of drawing I need to submit for a building systems class and I want to make the look as professional as possible...