PDA

View Full Version : Sections thro Roof

rhys
2003-09-15, 04:43 PM
Is there any way of drawing a section through a roof slope at 90deg to the roof plane?
Rhys

Steve_Stafford
2003-09-15, 05:39 PM
If I understand you:

Cut a section...then place a callout in the section view of the portion of the roof you want. Then rotate the callout so it is parallel and perpendicular to the roof surface....you may need to rotate 180 afterward to get up--up and down--down.

Is that what you're after?

rhys
2003-09-16, 05:04 PM
I don't think that does it. Im drawing a section thro the rafters this gives me a true vertical sect through those rafters. I want to draw the section so that the rafters are cut as if the were horizontal rather than sloping.

Steve_Stafford
2003-09-16, 05:12 PM
It works for a cut parallel to the length of a rafter but not a "cross cut" perpendicular to the rafter...I'm blanking on a trick to get a section from that perspective? I can't help but wonder why you are...call me curious/nosy. Can a detail accomplish what you need? or are you hoping to avoid drafting said detail :D

rhys
2003-10-01, 11:25 AM
Reason is I have a velux roof detail dwg thats drawn through the window at a true section 90deg through the profiles. So incorporating that in to the roof structure would be easier if the roof section was in the same plane ie not vertical. I've done it by drafting as you say