PDA

View Full Version : Problem Placing Mechanical Diffuser

jcoe
2009-11-16, 10:13 PM
I created a liner diffuser as a ceiling-hosted mechanical equipment and have encountered unexplained behavior that I cannot seem to isolate.

When the component is place onto a ceiling on my ground floor level, everything works fine. However, when I place the same component onto the same ceiling type on the level above two things happen: 1. I receive an error message saying that the element is not visible in this view.......you know the routine. 2. I receive an error message where Revit wants me to exit and save a recovery file.

In problem number 1, I have done the following:

view range: ok. this view was created using a view template from the view that is working.
visibility graphics: all mechanical equipment is on.
discipline: verified that the view is set to coordination.
workplane: verified that someone did not inadvertently change the workplane
worksets: the proper workset is active and visible in the view.
override graphics: no overrides in place for ceilings or mechanical equipmentIn problem number 2: what is strange here is that I am placing the same component into the same ceiling type into an adjacent room. One message tells me Revit cannot see it and the other wants me to exit and save. This is what I have done:

re-applied the view template: no changes
created a new ceiling off to the side: no changes
cut the ceiling to the clipboard and paste aligned: no change.Because the family works on another level in the same ceiling type, I have eliminated the family as the problem. Everything seems to point to this particular view.

I would like to survey the collective and see if there is something I might have missed.

Thanks

cliff collins
2009-11-16, 10:34 PM
Try making it a face-based family....

cheers

twiceroadsfool
2009-11-16, 11:11 PM
Jason-

Ive had views flat out *get corrupted* that would cause problems like that.

1. Try Duplicate with detailing. Waste the original view, try it again.

2. If number 1 doesnt work, Duplicate WITHOUT detailing, and try it in the new view. If it works, start salvaging what you can from the other view (in terms of detail items) on a selective basis.

Are there CAD imports in any of that project? In a roundabout fashion, thats what the culprit was when i had a Floor Plan do the same thing, but there was no getting it "back' except for recreating the view.