PDA

View Full Version : birdview of the room

yanyan77
2009-11-17, 01:26 PM
we create birdviews of each euipment plan in order to make owner understand easily.
the perspective does not have scale, so how can we control each room to look similar size in the sheet? i try to do it by define the eye elevation and taget elevation, but then the room will change orientation.
when i rotate the room to north, they will become to very small. i do not know why?

yanyan77
2009-11-17, 06:22 PM
no one knows about this? or I did not explain it clearly?

ron.sanpedro
2009-11-17, 06:33 PM
we create birdviews of each euipment plan in order to make owner understand easily.
the perspective does not have scale, so how can we control each room to look similar size in the sheet? i try to do it by define the eye elevation and taget elevation, but then the room will change orientation.
when i rotate the room to north, they will become to very small. i do not know why?

Because a perspective has no scale, you can't do any better than estimate. I believe it is a longstanding wishlist item to set scale of a perspective based on the cut plane. Would be nice for Section perspectives also.
One thing you might try is an Axonomteric Floorplan. That can be done to scale.

Best,
Gordon

yanyan77
2009-11-17, 07:10 PM
can you make a bird view by Axonomteric Floorplan?

ron.sanpedro
2009-11-17, 07:35 PM
can you make a bird view by Axonomteric Floorplan?

It is not a bird's eye view in the sense of a 1 point perspective looking down. But you can show a 3D plan, which may communicate what you need.

Best,
Gordon

bulletproofdesign
2009-11-17, 10:09 PM
2 things you can do to affect the size of the image on sheet and the amount of information shown.

Firstly, you can change the size of the image. Open the perspective view. select the border and select the crop>size crop button. Select the scale (locked proportions) radio and enter the size you want on screen. This effectively affects the 'scale' on the sheet.

You can of course also change the focal length of the view. Open the perspective view. press 'F8' to open a steering wheel view. Right click and select Increase/Decrease Focal Length from the contest menu. You can then 'zoom' in or out whilst leaving the camera in exactly the same position.

Just a thought,

Peace

aggockel50321
2009-11-18, 01:06 PM
Try this:

Rather than using a camera, open a 3D view, duplicate it and name it the view you want. Turn on the section box and crop down to what you want to see in your top view. Orient the view to a top view. If you want to rotate the view, turn on the crop region, select it, and pick the rotate command. Set your view scale, and place it on a sheet. It will be to scale. You can also turn on shadows to get a different effect.