PDA

View Full Version : Network Deployment of just Express Tools

tonori
2004-11-18, 07:11 PM
I have run into an issue where I've installed multiple Autocad products via network deployment (Autocad 2005, ADT 2005, Land Desktop 2005, Civil Design 2005, Survey 2005, and Raster 2005). We have discoved that Express tools is only loaded w/ Autocad and not the other programs. As a fix we were told to uninstall Express tools and reinstall them - something about all products needed to all be installed before Express tools even though express tools were part of the network deployments...

To do this I would like to create a network deployment of just Express Tools. Whenever I open Network Installation wizard and try to create an administrative image - when I path to the .msi file on the CD for Express Tools (D:\Bin\ACADFeui\Support\Express\ExpressTools.msi) I get the error "Invalid installer (MSI) file specified: please select a valid Autodesk product installer file. This file is located on your product CD in the Autodesk product installer folder" and then the program shuts down.

How do I go about creating a network deployment of Express tools - I need this for computers at remote locations so using the CD is not an option...

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Tanya

mjfarrell
2004-11-18, 08:22 PM
It would seem the best option is to include the express tools as part of
the client deployment for the products when they are installed.
All technical documents I find suggest manual removal as you stated.
Then a re-deployment as needed to add the Express tools.

Let me try to be a little clearer....
uninstall the express tools
then place a full copy of the expres tools install files on your
server in a folder, and let them get reinstalled from that.
which is essentially an image....

stilesj
2004-11-19, 01:22 PM
You can use Group Policy just using the ExpressTools.msi file as is to push the installation across the network. The express tools msi may not work with NIW because it doesn't really have any options to control.

jpaulsen
2004-11-19, 04:40 PM
To fix your existing Land Desktop image, copy the Express folder from the LDT CD 1 of 1 under the support folder of your admin image (LDT2005\AdminImage\support\Express). All future deployments will include Express tools.

For your existing deployments you should be able to run setup.exe in the Express folder.