PDA

View Full Version : Tracking sheet sets in Revit...

FWSchreck
2009-11-18, 06:46 PM
Hello:

Are there any methods in which Revit can track when a sheet is issued, and automatically indicate the sheet set name and issue date on the sheets within the set?

Munkholm
2009-11-18, 09:52 PM
Hi Schreck

The short answer is no. There´s no way to track this within Revit, but it MIGHT be posible to code something with the API, or buy a third party addon... But have never seen a working solution...

I´ve tried several different solutions within Revit (Most my clients require this feature) But in the end, it always require a LOT of manual input... not really the Revit way of doing it, so it usualy ends up with an external spreadsheet... DOHHH.

FWSchreck
2009-11-19, 04:56 PM
The following process gets you there half way:

Use "Sheet Issues/Revisions" to add an entry for each issued set.
Edit your titleblock family and include a "Revision Schedule"
Use "View Properties" and edit the "Revisions on Sheet" parameter for each sheet.

Here's what's missing:

A schedule or worksheet that shows all the sheets and the sheet issues in a matrix format. This would enable a project team to manage the contents of each sheet set from a single point.

An added bonus- this "Document Issue" schedule could then be incorporated into the documentation set.

Scott D Davis
2009-11-19, 05:40 PM
while not a "matrix" format....is this what you are looking for? A complete drawing index showing every sheet and the revisions for that sheet, if there are any? (I only added 2 revisions here)

If so, it's currently available in Revit 2010.

(edit: you can also add in the "Sheet Issue Date" to this schedule as well. Then you can use the schedule to make changes that will be reflected on the sheets.)

FWSchreck
2009-11-19, 07:19 PM
Hello Scott:

You're close, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

I've attached my suggested schedule. It's a grid of sheet names and sheet set/revisions. When you click on one of the boxes for a particular sheet set, the corresponding sheet would be included in that sheet set, and the revision/sheet set entry would appear in the titleblock revision schedule.

You could also print an entire sheet set using this approach, which could be an alternative to the current "View/Sheet Set" method.

bulletproofdesign
2009-11-19, 09:09 PM
You can set up a label that prints the time and date and file location on your titleblock?

aaronrumple
2010-03-05, 07:43 PM
Hello Scott:

You're close, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

I've attached my suggested schedule. It's a grid of sheet names and sheet set/revisions. When you click on one of the boxes for a particular sheet set, the corresponding sheet would be included in that sheet set, and the revision/sheet set entry would appear in the titleblock revision schedule.

You could also print an entire sheet set using this approach, which could be an alternative to the current "View/Sheet Set" method.

Our sheet list is set very similar to what you're showing... See attached.