PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling not visible in rcp?

ctc
2004-11-18, 08:57 PM
Why would a ceiling not be visible in reflected ceiling plan?

I can see the in place family soffit, and the roof above, but not the ceiling.

The ceiling is visible in section, and perspective.

The visibility of the ceiling is appropriately enabled, and the view range is set to see the soffit which is below the ceiling, and the roof above.

beegee
2004-11-18, 09:13 PM
Have you checked your View Visibility settings to make sure the ceiling is turned on there ?

ctc
2004-11-18, 09:24 PM
As originally stated "The visibility of the ceiling is appropriately enabled".

When I modify the location of the ceiling in relation to the floor level and the roof (ie lower the ceiling down to say 6' above the floor) it is visible. When I inch the ceiling back up it remains visible until it touches the roof and then it is no longer visible.

beegee
2004-11-18, 09:29 PM
Have you tried different combinations of view range settings ?

beegee
2004-11-18, 09:34 PM
Another thought - Are you using phases ?

Mr Spot
2004-11-18, 10:29 PM
When I inch the ceiling back up it remains visible until it touches the roof and then it is no longer visible.

Why would the ceiling be touching the roof? Wouldn't the roof then be below the ceiling if you extend it any further... Maybe i'm misunderstanding.

aggockel50321
2004-11-18, 10:41 PM
Maybe an intermediate level?

ctc
2004-11-19, 02:20 AM
Yes I have tried changing the view range settings. But if I can see something below the ceiling and above it, how can this be relevant?

ctc
2004-11-19, 02:21 AM
Yes, all families are in the existing phase. All remodeling will be in new construction phase. This problem appears in both.

ctc
2004-11-19, 02:23 AM
Typical 2nd floor residential framing where both the roof rafters and ceiling joists bear on the top plate.

ctc
2004-11-19, 02:24 AM
I don't follow you?

Mr Spot
2004-11-19, 02:47 AM
Maybe might be best if you upload a screenshot of your problem, preferably a 3D cutaway. A picture is worth a thousand words and it sounds as though everyone is having trouble interpreting why it wouldn't be showing by guessing...

beegee
2004-11-19, 03:24 AM
I don't follow you?
If you're referring to Andrewg' post, he's saying there could be a level below the ceiling which would stop the ceiling being visible depending how you view range was set. ( Which is one of the reasons I suggested experimenting with your view range settings, as this often shows up problems with RCPs).

To come back to the phase issue, if the ceiling hasn't been demolished in the new construction phase, the view properties phase filter for the rcp should be set to " show all" and the phase set to either " existing" or " new construction".

On a side note - it would be easier to follow this thread if you quoted the post you were referring to ... and you can put all the replies in the one post too, to make it clearer. Just a suggestion.