PDA

View Full Version : transom level plan problem

roy.235012
2009-11-19, 04:23 AM
Hello all,
having a slight problem trying to show a transom level plan in a current set of drawings I am doing. This job is a single story structure that has many windows above the 1st floor level (above doors and such) that do not show on the floor plan. So in my infinite wisdom, I decided to do a secondary 'transom level' plan to mark all these windows but I'm having a problem with some overly large windows that I created for a few sets of double doors on the building.

I created a single large window family that combines both louvered windows at the floor plan level, and glazed windows at the transom level so that the entire set of windows appears as a single number on the schedule. The whole thing forms an upside-down "U" around several double doors on my plans. The problem I'm running into is that I'm having a hard time showing just what should be shown on that particular level.

So, on the floor plan, I want only the side louvered windows (and the door they surround) to show up, while on the transom level plan, I only want the transom windows above to show - but it seems that whatever I make appear on the transom level (either through using symbolic lines or adjusting the visibility of the family elements) also shows up on the floor plan level, and when I try to fix it on the floor plan level, it then disappears on the transom level plan...

so, anyone have any suggestions? I really want it to be one large window family if at all possible so that the schedule will be correct - I thought of segmenting it into 2 separate window families (an upper and lower window set) but then I get 2 different window numbers.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Scott Womack
2009-11-19, 12:34 PM
Look into plan regions to get them to show on your regular floor plan.