PDA

View Full Version : room boundary lines question

oliver.p
2009-11-19, 01:21 PM
Hi there.

I have a weird thing happening in my Revit.

When I place room separation lines in my ground floor view, the line actuallt gets placed on level below. It will still separate my rooms OK, though.

When I place a RSL in a view of a higher level, it gets placed properly.

I have checked that the view is attacted to the correct view and that my work-plane is that level as well.

What's up with that?

Teresa.Martin
2009-11-20, 01:05 AM
Hmm...that seems a little weird. As a check, I would place a second level on top of the existing one and see if it does the same thing, than you could probably narrow it down maybe to view settings. Perhaps you could try creating a view template from the view that works and apply it to the ground floor view and see if that fixes it.
Best regards,

swalton240189
2010-05-06, 02:10 PM
This happened to us. When we set the view depth to the level below we are able to see the room separation lines. Not sure why it happened. We didn't have floors in place maybe that's why? Work plane seemd to be ok.

rkitect
2010-05-06, 02:44 PM
My first guess is to also check the level that the room object is associated with.

I've seen this happen before and can not for the life of me remember what our solution was. If I run across it I'll post it. I would however start with the rooms associated level.

Does this project have split levels by chance?

oliver.p
2010-05-10, 06:24 AM
Does this project have split levels by chance?

That would be an understatement. The building consists of four parts and each has different level heights. The only level that is at the same height is the ground floor...