PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Sheet Parameters - deleting unused?

johnnypeso
2009-11-20, 03:05 AM
Hi all.
I'm setting up a project template with associated titleblocks for a govt. client that has specific sheet naming and title block info. standards. I've managed to set up all the appropriate Project Information and Drawing Sheet parameters, and have been successful (!!) with how they perform on my cover sheets and title blocks.

Here is my question: Is there a way to delete, or at least hide, many of the "stock" drawing sheet parameters and project info. parameters which I don't use?

The extraneous fields are easy to confuse with usable fields; and I would like the template to be able to be used by many office workers without confusion.
Example: I don't need an "Approved By" parameter, nor do I really need a "Sheet Number" parameter in my sheet properties, as i need to follow a different numbering convention, but I can't figure out how (and if) these guys can be removed.

While I'm on the topic... is there a way to alter the (sheet) naming parameters? Revit defaults to Sheet Number and Name... but in this template I would like it to reference and organize based on different parameters.

I'm semi-savvy with Revit, but not yet very advanced. I'm working in 2009.

Thanks much in advance for any advice you may have to offer!

Sean

Scott Womack
2009-11-20, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the forums!

There is no way to delete or rename the "built-in" parameters from Revit. That said, both the browser, and the Drawing List schedules can use custom "shared" parameters inside the titleblock families, or project paramters assigned to the drawing list catagory within a project.

johnnypeso
2009-11-20, 05:19 PM
Thanks Scott. That's what I was afraid of.
Put that request on the wishlist!.

Here's a followup question: When loading shared parameters into a project you are prompted to group the parameter in one of several group categories (Identity Data, Other, etc.). Is there any way to add to this list so I can create more specific groups appropriate for this proj. template?

Thanks again.
Sean

Scott Womack
2009-11-20, 06:45 PM
Nope. Those are hardcoded into the program.

johnnypeso
2009-11-20, 08:41 PM
Curses! Foiled Again!
I would've gotten away with it too... if it wasn't for those meddling kids!