PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Arrow Please

the_gibson
2009-11-20, 05:55 AM
I'm in the process of working up a site analysis plan in Revit for the first time.
I would like to add some arrows indicating distant views, wind etc.

Problem is, I can't find a tool in revit to do this.

Please tell me Ii dont have to make a detail component or something for every arrow. I would like the ability to be able to quickly stretch or scale the arrow depending on what it is referencing. As far as I can see (and tried), detail components don't allow this amount of adjustment.

How does everyone else do this?

Thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-11-20, 07:00 AM
Is this something like what you're after?
It's only a straight arrow but I only had ten minutes;)

the_gibson
2009-11-22, 10:32 PM
thanks of the reply Dimitri but we're still using Revit Architecture 2009 here.
any chance of getting that in 2009 version?

Thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-11-23, 12:56 AM
Here you go.
If you want to customize this a bit you might consider adding a formula to keep the arrow head proportionally consistent based on the width of the line.
Take a look and try to reverse engineer it a bit. It can be frustrating when you first start with Revit because everything you had in ACAD is not there out of the box. Once you take the time to explore and get the hang of the family editor you'll realize just how logical and powerful it can be. Good luck.
:beer:

the_gibson
2009-11-23, 04:01 AM
Thanks again. We are getting there slowly but surely.

patricks
2009-11-23, 08:15 PM
Search around the forum for "blank leader". It's a symbol annotation family with nothing in it, but then you can add leaders with arrowheads so that it just looks like an arrow by itself.