PDA

View Full Version : Material Takeoff Schedule Calculate Totals

gdb
2009-11-20, 06:30 PM
I created a material takeoff schedule that includes a parameter Form Caisson Length. If I schedule to itemize every instance all is good. If I compress the schedule and need to show totals using calculate totals I don't have that option for Form Caisson Length. There is a calculated value field for Form Caisson Hrs and I am able to calculate totals on that field. If I schedule using a normal schedule instead of a material takeoff schedule I can calculate totals on the Form Caisson Length field. The problem is, I need other fields in the schedule that are only available in material takeoff schedule. This doesn't make any sense that I would be unable to calculate totals on that field. Screen shot attached.

gdb
2009-11-20, 06:42 PM
I just figured out the work around by typing my question. Since the calculated value field will total I just created a calculated value field that equals Form Caisson Length. That works. Strange that you can't just total the schedule field to begin with....

Ning Zhou
2009-11-20, 10:04 PM
i had a similar issue before, just curious why it won't total for Length? a bit tired of endless workaround!